Sunday, November 27, 2011

Kindredness

Our Thanksgiving was to be celebrated in a most lovely setting, a cozy lake house nestled in the hills with the very last evidences of autumn lingering in the air and on the trees and reflecting in the water.  However, it was not the scenery to which I was looking forward.


Our Thanksgiving locale was well over an hour-and-a-half's drive from our home and I was eager to enjoy the trip, counting the travel time as an opportunity to read and relax, but the journey was not the thing that made my heart beat a bit faster.



There were three pies traveling with us that I'd had a great deal of fun making and decorating, and a veritable feast that awaited us, but the thought of the taste of those goodies wasn't what drew me.




What I was eager to find, 
                       
                       to experience, 
                                
                                 to revel in was
                                     
                                            difficult to put into words...


What I'd been anticipating was this...



and this...


and... mmmmhhhhmmmm...


always this...



oh, and who doesn't look forward to a bit of this...



...and of course, this.



I sought time with family...


...kin some call it. 
Kin, short for kindred... a group of related persons...of the same clan or tribe...



 Kin...having similar or related origin, nature, or character...

Kindredness...that's just what I had anticipated and just what I found on Thanksgiving day.

Kindredness is something wonderful for which to be Thankful...

Kindredness and this particular bit of footage. 

Footage of my kin who were responsible for the lovely day pictured above.

Footage celebrating a job well done...




...the Thanksgiving chest bump!





2 comments:

Sudeana said...

Thanks for the peek into such a sweet day. I did miss my kin so much, but it will make Christmas togetherness all the more special~ see you then!!

Anonymous said...

LOVE THE VIDEO!!! So sweet. :D

Share button

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails